Ms. Rensink - Music Department

Business and Computer Studies

Mr. Bailey - Business Department

Canadian and World Studies





Visit the Student Services: Cooperative Education & Guidance below 

Health and Physical Education


Inclusive Student Services/Academic Resource

Academic Resource Staff

Ms. Longley              Department Head         Grades 9,10 and Gifted
Ms. Delaney             SERT                                Grades 11, 12
Ms. Mullen                EA
Ms. Vavoulis             EA

905 985 7337 - press #5 when calling the school or ext 260 017

Please enjoy this virtual tour and welcome to PPHS!

Inclusive Student Services at PPHS - Virtual Tour

Office Hours – Getting Help
In Person

Academic Resource appointments can be made through the PPHS website.  An AR Help Link will direct students logged into their DDSB account to a Google Form and appointments will be made in consultation with the student and or teacher. Our office hours are from 8:30 - 11:30 am and students are only able to come on their cohorted days. We understand that many students are most comfortable accessing our support in person and will do our best to accommodate AR visits, while ensuring safety of students and staff.  In the event that a student requires immediate support, teachers have been provided a purple pass. 


The Academic Resource Virtual Learning Hub is available for online support from 8:30 to 3:30.  In this Google Classroom found on the PPHS website, students can access immediate synchronous support from familiar AR staff whether in class or at home. The Academic Resource Google Classroom code is yf7icxh. 

The following are some links that we feel may be useful.
Google Read and Write Tutorial
Small Class Placement Virtual Tour
Teacher Contact Information
Cohort in School Attendance  


PPHS Library Page

Modern Languages
 Student Services: Cooperative Education & Guidance

For information on making appointments, course change requests, ordering transcripts and more, scroll down for answers to these frequently asked questions. To continue to the Cooperative Education & Guidance website, use the link below.

Student Services: Cooperative Education & Guidance Website 

Address Change
If you have moved, or are planning a move, please provide the Guidance secretary with proof of your new address. Acceptable documents include a current utility bill or new purchase/lease agreement. Transportation requires up to 5 school days to process address change requests.

Guidance appointments take place during school hours and students may choose to meet with any of our three Guidance Counsellors if their appointment is for personal reasons. Otherwise, they will be scheduled with a Counsellor based on the purpose of their appointment as each Counsellor comes with a specific area of expertise (i.e. scholarships, skilled trades, student exchange programs, etc).

To limit the number of individuals in our Guidance office, students are required to schedule their Guidance appointment using the request form below. With the exception of co-op education students and students with a morning study period, appointments will take place in the Guidance office between 8:55 and 11:10 a.m. At this time, parents are not able to accompany students to their appointment but may join by phone during their student's appointment, if requested.

Request an Appointment

Community Hours
Community hours may be placed in the drop-off basket just inside of the Guidance office. Students are encouraged to take a copy of their hours before submitting. Please do NOT send your hours by email.
You may contact the Guidance office by phone at 905-985-7337, ext. 260020 or by email During the school year, the Guidance office is open from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. During COVID-19 protocols, all visitors to the school must have a scheduled appointment, enter through the front doors on Rosa Street and screen prior to their appointment. 
Course Change Requests

Course change requests will only be processed using the course change request form. After submitting the form, the legal parent/guardian on file with the school will receive an email confirming their consent and requesting acknowledgment. No requests will be processed until this final acknowledgment is received. Students must review the Course Schedule to confirm that a course is offered at a time that would work with their existing timetable.

Please be aware that changes for Q2 are now closed and only changes for Q3 and Q4 will be reviewed. 

Course Schedule 2020-21(student must reference this schedule when completing their course change request form)

Course Change Request Form (use this form to submit a course change request)

COVID-19 Procedures

COVID-19 protocols mean only students, staff and scheduled visitors may enter our school. New registrations are submitted through the DDSB registration portal - please see the Registration section below. If you have Guidance-related questions or requests, please email for assistance.

Diplomas are given to students at their graduation ceremony. Students who do not attend the graduation ceremony may pick up their diploma from the school; diplomas are not mailed to students. The Ministry of Education only issues one diploma per student so it is important to keep your diploma safe as it cannot be replaced if lost or damaged. If you lose your diploma and require proof of graduation, you may order a Transcript (see Transcript Requests below). For 2019/2020 graduates, the Ministry of Education will send diplomas to schools in the fall of 2020 and for this graduating year only, diplomas will be sent to graduates by courier in late October/early November. 

Please review our new student registration handout for information on how to register your new student at Port Perry High School. Our new student course selection appointments for the 2020/2021 school year are now complete but our Guidance staff will contact any new registrants the week before the start of the school year (pending Ministry approval) to arrange a course selection appointment. In the meantime, please ensure you review the handout and have the required documents ready for your course selection appointment. We thank you for your patience during this time of uncertainty. 


With the exception of new grade 8 students coming from our feeder schools, all new student registrations must be initiated online.

2020/2021 Guidance Staff

Department Head: AM. Schilling

Guidance Counsellor: E. Cole
Guidance Counsellor: J. Daniels-McCormick
Guidance Secretary: S. Forgie

Cooperative Education:

T. Brown
K. Schilling
T. Sneath

Student Success: M. Winter

Transcript Requests

Students who have graduated within the past 12 months may contact the Guidance office directly to request a transcript at no charge. Please make this request in writing by email to and include your OEN number when requesting. 

Students who left Port Perry High School more than 12 months ago are required to pay $10 for each transcript. Payment is made online through School Cash Online (purchase as a guest, do not set up an account). Please forward your payment confirmation by email to along with your full name, current mailing address, last year you attended Port Perry HS, date of birth. You will be asked additional security questions prior to obtaining the transcript. Only the student (or legal guardian if student is under the age of 18 years) may request and receive his/her transcript. Port Perry HS must be the final high school you attended in Ontario in order for your records to be at our school.

Transcripts will not be ordered until proof of payment is received; identification is required when picking up a transcript. Transcripts can be picked up or mailed by Canada Post. We do not provide a courier service for transcripts, however, the requester may arrange and pay for their own courier pick-up and provide details to the Guidance department. During school closure due to COVID-19, transcripts will only be mailed via Canada Post (no pick up or courier service is available). Please note that most institutions will only accept transcripts on official transcript paper embossed with the school seal so electronic copies are not applicable.

Are you a former student applying to a college or university in Ontario? If you have already graduated and are requesting your transcript to apply to a public post-secondary institution in Ontario, your transcript request is made through the Ontario Colleges or OUAC websites. After creating an account, you will authorize Port Perry HS to send your transcript and complete the required information. Your transcript will then be transferred electronically by the application centre to your requested colleges or universities. Other major universities such as Acadia, Dalhousie, McGill, Simon Fraser, and UBC also process transcripts from Ontario applicants through OUAC. 


Our Guidance Counsellors host a number of free workshops for senior students throughout the year including:

  • How to Apply to College
  • How to Apply to University
  • Destinations: Apprenticeship Bound Tutorial
  • Scholarships, Bursaries and Budgeting
  • NCAA Scholarships in the USA

Visit the Important Dates section on the Guidance website to register (students must be logged into their DDSB Google account to submit their registration). 



Social Sciences and Humanities

Technological Education